Join us on Thursday, November 5, 2020, from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM ET and learn from past winners how to develop and submit a competitive application for the Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge.
The Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge Competition acknowledges exceptional and innovative science educators, to recognize outstanding K–12 school programs for their exemplary approaches to science lab instruction utilizing limited school and laboratory resources, and raise awareness and exposure of the outstanding work being done in the science education field in targeted areas near Shell assets listed below:
- Mobile, Alabama
- Martinez, California (Martinez Unified School District, Mt. Diablo Unified School District)
- Carson, California (LAUSDs in Carson, Mormon Island, Van Nuys, Colton, Long Beach)
- Convent, Louisiana (St. James Parish, Livingston Parish)
- Geismar, Louisiana (Ascension Parish, City of Zachary SD, City of Central SD, City of Baker SD, East Baton Rouge Parish)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (Jefferson Parish, Orleans Parish, Terrebonne Parish, LaFourche Parish, Iberville Parish, St. Tammany Parish, La Fourche Parish, St. Bernard Parish)
- Norco, Louisiana (St. Charles Parish, St. John Parish)
- Port Allen, Louisiana (West Baton Rouge Parish)
- Monaca, Pennsylvania (Cen. Valley, Aliquippa, W. Beaver, Beaver, Rochester, N. Brighton, Riverside, Beaver Falls, Blackhawk)
- Deer Park, Texas (Deer Park ISD, Pasadena ISD, LaPorte ISD)
- Houston, Texas (Region 4 Education Service Center)
- Kermit, Texas (Kermit ISD, Pecos-Barstow-Toyah ISD, Wink-Loving ISD)
- Puget Sound, Washington (Anacortes SD, La Conner SD, Mt. Vernon SD, Burlington-Edison SD, Sedro-Wooley SD, Concrete SD, Conway SD)
All entries must be received by 11:59 PM ET on 1/22/2021, via online submission. There is no fee to enter. A distinguished panel of professional science educators will gather virtually to select the winners. To be eligible for consideration, all work must be current and cumulative as applicable.
The Shell Science Lab Regional Challenge Grand Prize winners will be honored during a black-tie dinner gala at the NSTA National Conference on Science Education.
Register today to participate in this web seminar. Upon registering you will receive an e-mail confirmation including information about the program and suggested links to visit in preparation of the event. Additional information about the web seminar will be e-mailed to you days before the program.
New Users: Log in 15 minutes prior to the start time for an introduction to NSTA web seminars.
Each web seminar is a unique, stand-alone, program. Archives of the web seminars and the presenters' PowerPoint presentations will be available through the links on this web page. Read answers to frequently asked questions from participants.
For more information contact: email@example.com