Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Science and the clasrrom

Elementary Science

Science and the clasrrom

Author Post
Elianne Rojas Elianne Rojas 1270 Points

Hi! I would like some ideas of how I can engage my future students in science lessons/projects! any suggests would be a great help! Thanks

Katie Marco Katie Marco 2610 Points

Hi Elly! I see that you were looking for ideas on how to teach the concept of the flow of matter and energy. There is a website called Rice University 5E lesson plans, here there have excellent ideas on how to promote inquiry in your classrooms! Hope you find it as helpful as I did, good luck! :)

Cesia Ramirez Cesia Ramirez 930 Points

Hi Ely, First, you want to make sure you know what your students are interested in. Then, have some lesson plans ready with engage or sets that will catch their attention in what they will be learning. Another way is to look for ideas on how to make the lesson fun. There are many resources online that you can use, like Pinterest. So, explore the various opportunities for fun!

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92246 Points

Hi Ellianne,

I LOVE the Picture Perfect Science Lessons book chapters in the Learning Center library. Emily Morgan and Karen Ansberry are the authors and they have engaging 5 E lessons that incorporate trade books on a variety of concepts. Here are a couple to whet your appetite:
How Big is a Foot?
and Name the Shell
You can find lots more of their book chapters by doing an advanced search and filtering by their last name(s) and under type of resource: book chapters. Let us know what content area and grade level you are most interested in, and we can give you ideas to match.
Carolyn

Pamela Auburn Pamela Auburn 68625 Points

I recently joined the UK's Stem Center. It is free and they send out a very informative newsletter. The resources are impressive. Here is a link to the elementary science page http://www.nationalstemcentre.org.uk/primaryscience

Gwyn Bray Gwyn Bray 3540 Points

If you are interested check out The Science Penguin on teachers pay teachers, all of her products are engaging and the students love to complete the activities!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers