Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Distance learning

Distance Learning

Distance learning

Author Post
Khadejia Yousuf Khadejia Yousuf 855 Points

Things have been tough lately with the whole online thing. Teachers and students were given very little time to get used to the online platform, There are many advantages and disadvantages. For younger students its important they are in a classroom setting, persoanlly I would hate to teach online. As a college student I think it has helped me alot because it has given me time to do all my assignments and not be in a rush all the time. 

Mariah Heffernan Mariah Heffernan 305 Points

Hi Khadejia,

We're in the same class through FIU, and I also think there are advantages and disadvantages to distance learning. I think that through this difficult time in everyone's life it gives us the comfort and safety to learn from our homes, but it also comes with many problems. Technology is not everyone's strong suit and I have felt that for many of my classes I am not recieving the same quality of education that I would if we were in classes on campus. As we are approaching the end of the semester I am struggling a lot with paying attention during zoom. Things have become very repetitive and disengaging in my opinion. This also worries me as we are studying to become teachers and no one expected for this pandemic or distance learning to happen, so it will be very upsetting if our student teaching and future careers continue like this online.

Chad James Capote Chad James Capote 200 Points

Online learning cuts off the social exposure one receives through institutional learning. It is definitely not effective for children and high school students, although, it could be a boon for Masters and Doctoral students. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers