Forums

Forums / Life Science / Resource and Human Impact SciPack

Life Science

Resource and Human Impact SciPack

Author Post
Randolph Florendo Randolph Florendo 110 Points

I am currently studying the "resource and Human Impact" SciPack and came across positive and negative feedback loop. I don't quite fully understand it. In general I know that positive feedback loop is when a change in a system leads to a amplified change in the original change. And a negative feedback loop is a change in the system that changes the original change and brings system back to equilibrium. During the mini quiz on the section, I keep getting the answer wrong and it doesnt explain the wrong answer. I don't know if I am actually answering the question correct but something is wrong with the program, or I am actually getting the answer wrong. Can anyone tell me if the following is a negative or positive feedback loop. Or if there is no relevance: -Birth of more elephants in a herd -Introduction of a species into an environment where they normally don’t exist, and the new species competes with native species -A bank account with compound interest -A bank account with no fees -Increasing the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere contributes to warmer atmospheric temperatures, which causes more surface water to evaporate Greatly appreciate it, Thank you

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92246 Points

Hi Randolph, Each SciPack has a mentor that you can contact by email. Utilize this free resource. That person is very familiar with the particular SciPack and will respond to you within 24 hours. He/she will tell you what the correct answer to a question is and why among other things. Since you have access to the SciPack resources for a full year, I think you should be able to get help through the SciPack mentor. Let us know if that doesn't resolve your confusion. Hope this helps, Carolyn

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers