Forums

Forums / Informal Science / Total Lunar Eclipse on May 15, 2022

Informal Science

Total Lunar Eclipse on May 15, 2022

Author Post
Dennis Schatz Dennis Schatz 840 Points

You won’t want to miss the upcoming total lunar eclipse visible throughout the US during the evening of May 15th. Get the information you need in the flyer prepared for NSTA by Andrew Fraknoi. Find the flyer the NSTA “Eclipse Collection” at https://my.nsta.org/collection/Qr_sIClpjoYE_E - see second item in list.

Mary Lynn Hess Mary Hess 12158 Points

Thanks for the heads up Dennis. It will be an exciting next few years for eclipses. 

To tack on to your resource, here is one too:

Attachments

Lunar Eclipse (External Website)

Mycah Schmitt Mycah Schmitt 10660 Points

Within reading and looking at this post I think it is very intresting to look at lunar eclipse. 

April Lopez April Lopez 590 Points

We are not too far from our next total lunar eclipse visible from North America; it should take place during the evening of November 08, 2022. I stumbled across a website: timeanddate.com which has a countdown clock, possible movements, and explanation of each phase for the moon that night, which students might find interesting once we are closer to the date. 

Do you all think it is relevant to study eclipses during our science lessons as so few are rarely visible from the United States or in your past experience, how interested are students in the subject?

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers