Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Science Resources

Elementary Science

Science Resources

Author Post
Elizabeth Demczak Elizabeth Demczak 300 Points

Hi! I am a Junior at Penn State and have not seen a ton of science or science experiments done in a classroom. Thinking back to my Elementary school days, I also did not do many science experiments in the classroom. Where is your favorite place to look for science experiment ideas? What are some of your favorite science experiments in the classroom that students also love?

George Mehler George Mehler 1575 Points

Hello Elizabeth, Here at our award winning YouTube channel, funsciencedemos, we have over 150 science demonstrations which you can view and recreate with students. Using closed captions, these videos can be translated into any language. There are also resources on our support website funsciencesupport?. Based out of Temple University, these demonstrations are tied to the national standards, and cover every major concept students should know before high school. When you subscribe, you will be notified each time we upload a new video. This week we uploaded “How do vaccines work?” =

Shelby Pettigrew Shelby Pettigrew 1260 Points

I go to sites like

https://www.sciencefun.org/kidszone/experiments

ngssphenomena.com

and of course, pinterest. 

Nicole Adams Nicole Adams 450 Points

Hi Elizabeth. I am also a junior in college training to be an elementary teacher. I had the same questions and similar experiences in classrooms not doing as many experiments as I thought, especially at the elementary level. I just remember watching Bill Nye do experiments for us. I have visited upper elementary classes who have done some time-consuming experiments for their unit like growing vegetables in class and eating them at the end of the unit. This sounds exciting for students to help with watering and whatnot, but I worry that I am not prepared for this. This site is actually the main source for me in finding great lesson plans that include experiments, but I also visit Pinterest. Excited to follow along and see what experiments experienced teachers are using and where they find inspiration!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers