Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / In a world: Science Classroom w/o Science Tables

Elementary Science

In a world: Science Classroom w/o Science Tables

Author Post
Diana Potts Diana Potts 505 Points

Hi All,

For the 21-22 School year I am scheduled to be back in my PreK-5 science classroom (yay!). We will continue to practice social distancing, which means I will not have my science tables and will have rows of desks 3feet apart. I had some experience with this at the end of the year and the distribution of lab materials. I have a 12 foot counter for supplies prep and distribution. Calls for collaboration:

1. Has anyone found some helpful tips/tricks to pass on with same or similar science room set up? Any furniture you added to help? Students' desks will basicall be wall to wall. I'm using a small table as my personal workspace so I can give every inch possible to teaching & learning.

2. How have you conquered student collaboration during labs with social distancing?

Thanks for the collaboration,

Diana

Judy Xiong Judy Xiong 20 Points

Hi Diana,

I have found 3-tiered carts very useful for class. You can find them at IKEA, Michael's, Joann's, and many other places. 

You can have 1 cart per table and put materials in it or supplies. This will limit students from moving all over the classroom to get stuff. It will also prevent traffic/logjam if you have all supplies at 1 table that everyone goes to. The wheeled carts are easy to roll anywhere. They also have locks on the wheels to keep them in place. 

Good luck!

Judy

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers