Forums

Forums / Research in Science Education / Call for Abstracts - Teaching & Learning Online Science

Research in Science Education

Call for Abstracts - Teaching & Learning Online Science

Author Post
Franklin Allaire Franklin Allaire 2625 Points

Drs. Franklin Allaire (University of Houston-Downtown) and Jennifer Killham (University of La Verne) are calling for abstracts for two edited books: 'Teaching & Learning Online: Science for Early Childhood and Elementary Grade Levels' and 'Teaching & Learning Online: Science for Secondary Grade Levels'

These edited books will explore current trends and best practices as well as the unique challenges and issues teaching and learning science in online environments. Please consider contributing a book chapter, lesson plan, or case study/dispute to our co-edited volumes and sharing this call with friends/colleagues. #teachingandlearningonline #edtech #onlinescience #onlineteaching #onlinelearning

You can view the full CFA via this link and/or the attached PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JtRC5oKKwy15J2wTmWHbeVhbSffxhccx/view?usp=sharing

Nathaniel Siler Nathaniel Siler 2480 Points

Franklin/Jennifer, 

Tell me if you ever want to write a third volume, as already, two weeks in, I could really discuss the unique challenges of trying to teach science education courses to education students. 

Franklin Allaire Franklin Allaire 2625 Points

Hi Nathaniel,

It's funny you mention this. We originally were going to do an all-encompassing volume that included post-secondary science content courses and science methods for pre-service teachers.  We definitely think there is room for a third volume that focuses on post-secondary and would welcome a submission along those lines.  You can email it directly to [email protected].

Nathaniel Siler Nathaniel Siler 2480 Points

I'll give that some thought, and plan to email you a proposal by the end of this month!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers