Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Science Query

Elementary Science

Science Query

Author Post
Dalia Hassan Dalia Hassan 995 Points

I just need your help because I have a confusion about energy transform and energy transfer. Here are two questions that I need your help with. The first question: Are these definitions for energy transfer and transform correct? *Energy transformation"conversion*" is the change of energy from one form to another form. For example: When a rock rolls downhill, the potential energy of the rock is transformed or changed into kinetic energy. When a horse runs, the chemical energy stored in its body is transformed or changed into kinetic energy. *Energy transferring* is the transfer of energy from place to place by sound, light, heat or electric current. For example: Heat energy is transferred by conduction when a warmer object is in contact with a cooler one. Energy can be transferred also when billiard balls hit each other. My second question: Can we use the expression "energy transfer" instead of "energy transform" when we are talking about energy change"conversion" from one form into another form?

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers