Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / Ideas for Science Lessons/Activities

Next Generation Science Standards

Ideas for Science Lessons/Activities

Author Post
Anthony Rex Tony Rex 30 Points

Hi, my name is Tony Rex and I am a pre-service science teacher looking for ideas/sources that I can use for creating lesson plans and/or activities. I'd really like them to be engaging activities that incorprate the use of soft skills and align to STEAM subjects as well. Any feedback would be extremely useful!

Thanks,

Tony Rex

Deborah Bronner Deborah Bronner 650 Points

I suggest looking at a website called Voice Thread. Youtube has a wealth of videos from teachers giving lessons.

Mark Parker Mark Parker 2525 Points

What grade(s) are you looking for?

Anthony Rex Tony Rex 30 Points

Anything 7-12 would be great!

Susan Lenz Susan Lenz 650 Points

The NSTA journals (elementary, middle school, high school, or college level) often contain NGSS aligned activities. The 2006 publication, Garden Genetics By E. Rice et al. has experiments to which I have added segments to align w the newer NGSS guidelines.  This text has both teacher and student versions which are sold on the NSTA website. The website NGSS.NSTA.com has activities for K-12 and teachers are constantly adding new activities. Hope this helps.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers