Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Importance of Recycling

Elementary Science

Importance of Recycling

Author Post
Alanis Sandoval Alanis Sandoval 395 Points

Teaching students the Importance of Recycling will help students be able to communicate solutions about what they can do at home, in the community and in school to help reduce pollution. They will be able to demonstrate their understanding of reduce, reuse, and recycle and how it can reduce pollution and help gather up resources needed. Students will be knowledgeable about the cultural differences in regard to recycling. Have students understand how recycled objects can be converted into art. Creating art with recycled material will make it a fun experience for the students and will help motivate students to want to encourage others to recycle as well.

Justine Gonzalez Justine Gonzalez 780 Points

Hello Alanis Sandoval, I am currently on my journey of becoming a teacher. I agree with your post on how recylcling is very important because it is one. of the cofactors in pollution. What would you suggest as an idea that teachers could use in the classroom to encourage recylcing? I have come up with only one idea and I want to know otherr ways that could encourage the students to recycle.

Celinda Rodriguez Celinda Rodriguez 380 Points

Hi Alanis, I agree with teaching students about recycling I don't think it is advocated as much as it should be. And the classroom is the perfect place to teach that because it will benefit the community and planet earth. The idea of creating something artistic and beautiful out of 'trash' is a creative idea and shifts a person's way of thinking about what is trash and what is reusable. 

Leonela Llanos Leonela Llanos 520 Points

Hi Alanis. I agree with you on the importance of recycling.Waste reduction and reuse can save schools money. Some state and local governments require schools to recycle. When schools recycle they help to reduce fossil fuel usage, conserve resources, and help to create local jobs. Schools help to set an example, a legacy, which children learn to admire, and to emulate

Sydney Arenas Sydney Arenas 320 Points

Hi Alanis, I completely agree! Recently, I actually started creating new items from recycled materials with my cousins. It's good to introduce them to how necessary, impactful, and fun recycling could be, not only for themselves, but for our earth. Making recycling seem engaging and fun by creating art pieces with them is always such a splendid idea.

Sydney Arenas Sydney Arenas 320 Points

Hi Alanis, I completely agree! Recently, I actually started creating new items from recycled materials with my cousins. It's good to introduce them to how necessary, impactful, and fun recycling could be, not only for themselves, but for our earth. Making recycling seem engaging and fun by creating art pieces with them is always such a splendid idea.

Monica Mejia Monica Mejia 640 Points

Hello Alanis Sandoval, I am currently a student at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley in the education program. I strongly believe that recycling is an important topic to communicate to our students in order to help our planet remain pollution free and maintain a clean environment. There are fun ways of introducing these topics such as incooporating videos, games, and demonstrations. As a future educator I would like to start a little club or organization for recycling at the campus I plan on working for and inccoporate recycle bins in each classroom to do our part. There can even be events held on the weekends with parent volunteers to visit local parks with their children and pick up trash and and help clean up our community. When I was in elementary I remeber a teacher giving me a pencil that was made of recycled newspapers and to me that was so fascinating and I honestly think that elementary students will also find these items fascinating just like you mentioned recycled objects converted into art.

Asusena Muniz Asusena Muniz 45 Points

Hello Mr. Sandoval, I am currently enrolled in the education program at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley . I believe that recycling comes to be a very important topic to communicate with others in order to benefit this planet in a positive way. Which i know that there can be many fun ways to deliver this instruction to the students by using videos or activities that would bring them to know the huge importance of recycling.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers