Forums

Forums / Life Science / Ecology

Life Science

Ecology

Author Post
Teresa Pairitz Teresa Pairitz 20 Points

Hello all,  I am a student teacher, and next semester I will be taking over the classroom full time, and I am helping my placement teacher create new unit plans for the year. We are trying to find new activities for our students to do, and we were wondering if any of you had any activities or lessons that you use to help teach Ecology?  Thank you, Teresa 

Joselyn Hermoso Joselyn Hermoso 785 Points

Hello Teresa,

I love this site http://www.hhmi.org/biointeractive/ecology so check this out.

Google mapping tools such as Google Earth and Google Map Overview are also helpful which I've learned from my online course.

https://biomanbio.com- I've used this site for one of my lessons and it has Ecology too.

Hope this helps.

Joselyn

Chris Hunt Christopher Hunt 185 Points

Hey!

I am about to start my Student Teaching in the spring as well! Good luck!

I am currently in Ecology this fall semester here at my university and in my lab we do some great activities. I'm not sure what level you are teaching but some of them could probably simplified to meet your standards. I just give you the basics.
A couple labs we have done:
[ol]

• Carbon Sequestering- If there is a nearby wooded area, you can have them measure the diameters of trees to determine how much Carbon they sequester from the atmosphere.

• Biodiversity of rivers/creeks- Collect samples and take them to class of river/creek beds and have the students separate the invertebrates they find and determine the species present.

• Biodiversity of Fields- have the students look at plots of land near the school and measure the different plant species.

• There is a great interactive learning site called Simutext but it does cost money but they have great activities.

• [/ol]

Hope any of these help at all or maybe spark an idea of your own!

Best of luck for your student teaching!

Alexandra Grayson Alexandra Grayson 10 Points

Personally I favor these websites: http://www.ngsslifescience.com/biology_lesson_plans_ecology_lab.html http://www.caryinstitute.org/educators/teaching-materials/schoolyard-ecology https://betterlesson.com/community/directory/all/ecology https://school.discoveryeducation.com/lessonplans/ecol.html http://yourhomeworkhelp.org https://www.canva.com Good luck Alexandra

Joselyn Hermoso Joselyn Hermoso 785 Points

Thank you Rebecca for sharing your resources with us. Joselyn

Teresa Pairitz Teresa Pairitz 20 Points

Thank you all for your help!

Anthony Wilson Anthony Wilson 30 Points

Looking for professional matlab assignment help service? Matlabassignmentexperts.com is certainly the place to be. Get in touch with high-end matlab experts who will get you the perfect matlab assignment solutions for whatever challenge you face with matlab.

Jenneffer Pinto jenneffer pinto 470 Points

Hey Thank you so much for these great activities. The Carbon sequestering is a great activity, especially that you can take the children outside of the normal every day in class lessons. The biodiversity of rivers/creeks is a great observing activity being able to collect and group the samples they've collected. The biodiversity of fields is another great activity that you can take them outside and being able to practice measuring. I will look forward to sharing these this other teachers at my job!

Hello, I remember when I was in school back in my country when my teacher talked about ecology I was not sure how I can help to save my planet. The teacher gave us several resources where we could investigate but all of them were impossible for me or my peers. So, my teacher with the others science teachers planned to do a orchard were every student needed to bring at least one plant, any plant, a flower or a plant which will give us a fruit. Every science class we took a little time to take care of our plant, put water or changing the soil. With this we help in our own way to save the planet and this activity help me a lot to expand my knowledge about plants of all the different types that we had, how to take care of them, and at the time of planing an experiment it was accessible to make one with plants.

Michelle Johnson Michelle Johnson 10 Points

Principles of Ecology - Videos & Lessons
    https://study.com/academy/topic/principles-of-ecology.html
    http://web2.fit.edu/programs/8021/ms-biological-science-ecology
    https://myhomeworkhelp.com/biology-homework-help/
    https://quizlet.com/77624110/life-science-ecology-vocabulary-flash-cards/
    https://myhomeworkhelp.com/biology-subject-topics/
    https://ecology.wa.gov/

Will helpful and relvant sources for your learn ecology.

Thanks
    Michelle

Nancie L Beckettf Nancie L Beckettf 10 Points

https://study.com/academy/topic/principles-of-ecology.html
    http://web2.fit.edu/programs/8021/ms-biological-science-ecology

https://universityhomeworkhelp.com/biology-homework-help/

Anthony Wilson Anthony Wilson 30 Points

Programming Homework Help provides a unique and customized programming help online to students from diverse backgrounds. Programming has become one of the most indispensable pillars of business, work, and even pleasure. Renowned companies employ computer experts such as programmers and web designers to make their work easier. In order to communicate and perform tasks using a computer, you must speak a computer’s language. A program contains specific instructions that automates functioning of a computer for performing certain task. Regardless of the language you use, the final program you write must satisfy some fundamental properties. This has made programming languages popular because without them, no command can be passed to the computer.

Carol Larson Carol Larson 20 Points

Puzzled with your c++ assignment? Get an immediate solution of c++ assignment at Programminghomeworkhelp. We are available 24x7 online, we charge moderate with quality, originality, authenticity!  

Paul Harris Paul Harris 20 Points

Are you looking for java homework help? You are in the right place Programming homework help provides you java assignment help instantly within a reasonable price. To know more, visit us today

Chris Rogers Chris Rogers 30 Points

For any kind of programming homework help, we at Programminghomeworkhelp always ready to respond you. We believe in quality learning and maintain accuracy while solving programming homework. To get programming homework help, visit us today.

Looking for online Matlab Assignment Help? Find reliable and efficient MatLab assignment solutions from experienced MatLab professionals at Matlab Assignment Experts. Visit our website today and boost your grades in MatLab.

Carol Larson Carol Larson 20 Points

If you are in need of MatLab homework help then we got you covered. Matlab Assignment Experts offers urgent, reliable and quality assured MatLab homework solutions that will fetch you quality grades. Our Matlab Assignment Help is simply superb. Contact us today and see your grades escalate.

Paul Harris Paul Harris 20 Points

Looking a for an expert MatLab tutor to guide you through MatLab? Matlab Assignment Experts got you covered. Get MatLab tutor help from highly experienced MatLab tutors for private lessons, assignments and general guidance in MatLab. Find out more on our website.

Finding a reliable tutor for programming assignments is an uphill task. Programming homework help helps you to solve Programming Assignment Help by accepting the challenges. For more updates visit us instantly. 

David Levi David Levi 30 Points

I simply find programming Homework Help fantastic, amazing, and professional. What they promise you is what they deliver with no single inconvenience. The ease of using their website features is stress-free, maybe the easiest thing I have ever done in this life. Your clients' confidentiality is sturdy. Rest assured, I will be using your services from now henceforth.

David Levi David Levi 30 Points

If you need Matlab assignment help, then you are in the right place. MatlabAssignmentExperts.com offers you urgent and quality assured Matlab homework solutions that will fetch you quality grades. Visit our website for more.

Ethan Smith Ethan Smith 30 Points

Looking for professional Matlab Assignment Help service? matlabassignmentexperts.com is certainly the place to be. Get in touch with high-end matlab experts who will get you the perfect matlab assignment solutions for whatever challenge  you face with matlab.

Lucas Miller Lucas Miller 30 Points

Skipped your Matlab classes because of other commitments of a busy job schedule? You don’t have to worry at Matlab assignment experts we offer tuition classes to ensure that you catch up with your classmates or even understand the area you did not understand in class. We offer classes based on your topics of need and we work based on your schedule. Our Matlab assignment experts are available to ensure that your grades are soaring high.

I am a professional java developer with years’ of  experience in providing programming assignment help and working in a java homework help platform. I focus on Android mobile app development, cloud development, and Java desktop or JEE projects. I am committed to producing a quality java assignment solutions.

I have immense knowledge in using Java for any task. I offer C Assignment help services to students. My services have helped students around the world score high grades. I can help you with object-oriented programming, website development, string manipulation, and machine learning in Java.

Mason Lee Mason Lee 55 Points

I am an online STATA tutor. I offer free tutoring classes in linear regression, variance, multi variance analysis, and random sampling. All my classes are meant to improve you as a statistics student as well as help you tackle your Statistics Homework Help. My students are afraid of the STATA unit because their predecessors have meant them to believe that it’s a hard unit to handle. As much as it’s not that simple, I help you enjoy studying it.

Many students find it hard to combine school and work. That is why I decided to start offering online tutoring classes at the convenience of the students. Other than the tutoring service I am also a R Programming assignment solver and provide Statistics Assignment Help. I complete all your Stata assignments ensuring that you perform well in your class. I offer help in:

Survival analysis
    Principal component and factor analysis
    Panel data analysis
    Percentage variance
    Hypothesis testing
    T-Test hypothesis

Hi there, I have some good news for you. Do you need Programming Homework Help? I am an online programing tutor with a comprehensive programming experience in addition to a stellar academic record. Expect quality assignment solutions on programming languages such as PHP, Java, python, C, C++ Programming, and Perl all at affordable prices. Am available on programminghomeworkhelp.com for any queries that you have.

Skipped your Matlab classes because of other commitments of a busy job schedule? You don’t have to worry. At Matlab assignment experts we offer tuition classes to ensure that you catch up with your classmates or even understand the area you did not understand in class. We offer classes based on your topics of need and we work based on your schedule. Our Matlab Assignment Experts are available to ensure that your grades are soaring high.

Matlab is one of the most demanded units in engineering. However many students avoid it because it is seen as a difficult topic. We are however here to ensure that you get the best Matlab assignment help to raise your grade as well as improving your market value. To have your Matlab assignments completed on time visit us today at matlabbassignmentexperts.com

Roxane Fabin Roxane Fabin 20 Points

Wondering where to get an online Matlab tutor? At Matlab assignment experts, we offer timely classes for all Matlab students in need. Other than the tuition classes, we also complete your assignments ensuring that you get the top grade in your class. Our prices are fair because we understand that most students don’t have a source of income. However, the fair price does not mean the quality of work is compromised. Visit our website today and talk to an expert.

Roxane Fabin Roxane Fabin 20 Points

I am a statistics professor with specialization in STATA. I offer both tutoring services and assignment completion services to students looking for Statistics Assignment Help. If you are looking for someone to do your STATA assignment then look no further. All my online classes are free while the assignments are completed at a reasonable fee. All your assignments are checked for grammar and plagiarism to ensure that you deliver the best to your lecturer.

Devin Ronan Devin Ronan 30 Points

Looking for professional Matlab Homework Help service? matlabassignmentexperts.com is certainly the place to be. Get in touch with high-end Matlab experts who will provide you the perfect Matlab assignment help for whatever challenge you face with Matlab.

Do you offer free online classes available? Maybe this is the best place to learn SPSS, where there is someone guiding you. How do I get started? I really want to master SPSS. seeking someone like as SPSS homework helper to guide me through the process is my priority. I hope Statistics Assignment Help have experts to provide online guidance.

Finally graduating. My project results are out and that is a clear indication that I am now all set to graduate. The programming assignment help expert who handled my project did it well. I just feel like involving you in this graduation ceremony because you helped me a lot throughout the course. I will always recommend you to anyone looking for help. I cannot forget how desperately I was looking for an expert for C Homework Help when I found you. Thank you for the four years we collaborated.

Jack Lee Jack Lee 10 Points

Welcome to the profile of one of the most accomplished Matlab assignment helpers in the United States. I have over five years of experience in providing students with matlab assignment help in topics such as:-

image processing

Fourier transform

transfer of functions

stability of systems

Stateflow Matlab

Every assignment that I provide solutions for is always 100% original without plagiarism and earns you a grade not less than an A. 

Available anytime you need me!

Frank Miller Frank Miller 40 Points

My understanding is that most C homework help experts can work on all other programming languages. I have a machine learning assignment that is giving me sleepless nights. If you have a machine learning expert then I would like to work with him on this one and several other assignments that are on the way. The tutor you assign me should also be able to record lessons of specific topics and I am going to send them to you. I came across your Programming Assignment Help services through a friend of mine

Attachments

download.jpg (0.01 Mb)

I want to conduct a Kruskal Wallis test on SPSS. It's a test that is nearly the same as ANOVA. I do not know how I can carry out this test. Any SPSS homework help on the whole process of how to calculate the  test will be highly appreciated. I am willing to pay for the service. I came across your website Statistics Homework Help through a friend of mine who uses your services frequently.

If you really need matlab assignment help, then you need to contact an expert like me. I am a Matlab assignment helper with years of experience. I have been working with Matlab assignment experts for the last five years. Within that time, I have helped lots of students with their challenging assignments. I have completed numerous assignments on communication systems, control systems, data analysis.

Jenna Hetry Jenna Hetry 10 Points

Hey! I am so happy to find your blog! I am professional writer and I lile to conduct articles, especially about ecosystem, wildlfe and nature, you can see my results at empire essay writing service. I will be very happy if you like them and place the feedback, moreover, I can help those guys who do not know how to create different papers, so you can use my help or help of my colleagues simply writing to the customer service.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers