Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Going Back to the Classrooms

Distance Learning

Going Back to the Classrooms

Author Post
Alyssa Rodriguez Alyssa Rodriguez 500 Points

As things are going back to normal, the traditonal classroom is making a return, but students are having a hard time adjsuting. What are some things that teachers can do to help with the transition from online to traditional classes?

Fabiola Alvarez Fabiola Alvarez 340 Points

Hi Alyssa! Some things that I have noticed teachers at my campus have been implementing in their classroom to transition from online to traditional classes is that they will also have some activities or lessons where the students will be using their laptops and they will monitor the class and their work. I have noticed this has been effective because students are focused more in their work since they get to be hands on in their computers. 

Cora Saunders Cora Saunders 915 Points

Hi Alyssa!

I am a college student at Wartburg College and I’m going into elementary education. Through my field experience opportunities, I am seeing a lot more technology use than what I saw before Covid. I believe that it is beneficial for students to have a balance of technology in their day, especially if it increases student engagement and motivation. I also think that as a teacher it is important to give students plenty of brain breaks. Many students still aren’t used to sitting and being at school for a whole day. Giving students an opportunity to move around the classroom and play a quick interactive game may be helpful. In addition, leading hands-on learning experiences will get the students out of their seats. 

Hope this helps!

Cora Saunders

Wartburg College

Rebekah Gershenoff Rebekah Gershenoff 1360 Points

Hi Alyssa,  
I am a third-year student at Wartburg College, and I am studying Elementary Education with endorsements in Spanish and reading. I have been in a couple of different classrooms throughout my field experience, and I have seen teachers use a lot of online resources to continue their education in similar ways. Using different types of technology keeps them in their comfort zone while adding certain aspects of the traditional classroom adds growth. I have also seen a lot of teachers add in more brain breaks, either through dance, videos, or playtime. Knowing that students can't sit and focus for as long as they used to be able to be going to really help you. Hope some of these pointers help you in your classroom!  
Beka Gershenoff  
Wartburg College 24’ 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers