Forums

Forums / New Teachers / New Teacher

New Teachers

New Teacher

Author Post
Alma Andrade Alma Andrade 760 Points

What are other good educational sources in which you can find science videos to use in your teaching?

JENNIFER GARCIA JENNIFER GARCIA 1045 Points

Hi Alma, I am currently a student teacher in a Kindergarten classroom. I am not sure what grade you teach or plan on teaching, but I find BrainPop very useful. I would not use it as an engage, though, since the BrainPop videos cover/explain the lesson you are going to teach. Most of the time, I use it to elaborate more on the topic. Regardless, it is a very great tool! I also like using Epic. Here, you will find a large variety of online books with interactives. If you're specifically looking for videos, there are many videos to choose from if you just search for it. Oh, and the great thing about it is that it is free for educators! Hope this helps!

Anum Khoja Anum Khoja 1130 Points

I agree that brainpop is a really good tool to use, it does a wonderful job in explaining concepts to the children while keeping them engaged.

Anum Khoja Anum Khoja 1130 Points

I agree that brainpop is a really good tool to use, it does a wonderful job in explaining concepts to the children while keeping them engaged.

Iliana Velasquez Iliana Velasquez 660 Points

I would definitely recommend BrainPop! Also, they have BrainPop Jr which is amazing for the younger ones. They have tons of videos varying across all subject areas. It's a website that the students can definitely explore at home. The videos come with quizzes that the students can take, and with extra activities.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers