Forums

Forums / Research in Science Education / STEM Educators Needed for NSF/I-Corps Research Interviews

Research in Science Education

STEM Educators Needed for NSF/I-Corps Research Interviews

Author Post
Joan Brennan Joan Brennan 30 Points

Dear NSTA STEM21 Educators, 

Like you, I am also a STEM educator (K-8) attending the NSTA STEM21 Virtual Conference this week, July 26 - 30, 2021.  The conference organizers have kindly provided permission for me to post this message here in Community Forum-STEM to submit a 'gentle' request. 

During and post-conference, I will be conducting research for an NSF project this summer via the Missouri S&T/Lincoln University I-Corps Program (Energize Missouri). I am in the process of requesting interviewees with individuals who are K-12 STEM educators. The interview sessions will ask participants about their experiences in teaching STEM content and their preferences for STEM resources for their classrooms. There is a need for 20 interviewees.  Deadline for interview sessions is August 13, 2021.  Please know that the results of these NSF/I-Corps interviews will be available by email request after September 30, 2021. Please email [email protected] when making this request.

Would you be interested in participating as an interviewee for this project?  As a fellow STEM educator, you would be an ideal candidate for my project. There will be only ONE interview session about 20-30 minutes long via FaceTime (NO recording, of course.)  Also, NO written assignments nor homework will be required of participants!

If you are interested in providing your valuable input for this NSF project, would you kindly reply via email to [email protected] and mention a few dates/times when you will be available for an interview during the next two weeks?  I am fairly flexible right now during the summer and can work with you and your schedule. FYI---Am in the Central Daylight Time Zone (CDT) here in St. Louis, MO. (Please include YOUR time zone in your reply.)  Am also available for weekend interviews, too.

Thank you very much for your consideration of this request.  I look forward to hearing from you.

With appreciation,

Joan Brennan

Joan M. Brennan

314-440-2750 (cell) For FaceTime Interview

314-892-3897 (office)

Email: [email protected]

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers