Forums

Forums / Chemistry / Stoichiometry Resources

Chemistry

Stoichiometry Resources

Author Post
Tyler Dufrene Tyler Dufrene 710 Points

Starting in January, my students will be learning about stoichiometry. Each year, it proves to be the most difficult of topics. Does anyone have any resources they find are effective? I always try to make it easier to understand while still helping my students develop a conceptual understanding of the topic. Thanks in advance!

BRYAN SMITH BRYAN SMITH 310 Points

Drop me a line after the weekend and I’ll send you an activity that has students doing stoichiometry without knowing they’re learning. All while roasting marshmallows for s’mores. Best, Bryan Smith Anchorage

Gwendolyn Huggins Gwendolyn Huggins 1060 Points

Good Afternoon Bryan, Please share your stoichiometry activity that will get students doing stoichemetry without them knowing they're learnin. Thanks Gwen. [email protected]. Thanks

Emily Faulconer Emily Faulconer 5755 Points

When I taught in the high school classroom, I modified this worksheet into a classroom activity where they actually made the skitbursts and tootsiebears. They loved it! It was my introduction to limiting reactants and then we practiced it with chemistry examples after. 

Thanks, everyone! Much appreciated!

Hi Bryan, 

You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers