Forums

Forums / Evaluation and Assessment / Tech options for Formative Assessment

Evaluation and Assessment

Tech options for Formative Assessment

Author Post
SHANNON HAZEL SHANNON HAZEL 435 Points

What are some examples for Formative Assessments in elementary using technology?

Kalani Eggington Kalani Eggington 80 Points

I'm interested in learning what others have to say about this.  I teach pre-service teachers and want to do a better job using online tech tools to formatively assess my college students.  What are some ways I can achieve this?  Thanks!

Kaylyn Hoth Kaylyn Hoth 670 Points

Hi Shannon, I am 4th year preservice teacher at Wartburg College. Throughout my time at Wartburg, I have used technology multiple different times to formally assess students. One of my favorite sites to use is Padlet. Padlet allows the teacher to ask a question and students are able to respond back on a sticky note. Another thing I like to use is kahoot. Many students love Kahoot as it is also a game where there is a scoreboard but at the same time, you get to create the questions and can see how each student responds. These are just a few ways I have used technology to assess students. 

Laura Taylor Laura Taylor 770 Points

I have a similar question: can anyone recommend interactive response apps that you are using in the classroom for student response? I would like to find a technology tool to use for formative assessment this year. I have heard of Mentimeter but I am wondering if there are others out there that are good for classroom use.

Allyson Plaster Allyson Plaster 363 Points

Thanks for the tip!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers