Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Environmental Science Free stuff

Earth and Space Science

Environmental Science Free stuff

Author Post
Pamela Auburn Pamela Auburn 68625 Points

Using Technology to Connect Students & the Environment Educator Toolkit NEEF, with support from Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., and in partnership with Project Noah, present Using Tech to Connect Students & the Environment - a video on how technology can further STEM learning through the environment, both in nature and in the classroom. Watch the video. The free Educator Toolkit for Using Technology to Connect Students & the Environment is a companion to the video and includes activities and resources at all grade levels for implementing a project similar to the one featured in the video. Download the toolkit. http://eeweek.org/pdf/Video_Toolkit.pdf

Pamela Auburn Pamela Auburn 68625 Points

ARKive's FREE education resources for 5-18 year olds can be used to teach a range of curriculum subjects including science, geography, English and art. Resources include links to ARKive's wildlife photos, videos and fact files, with classroom presentations, activities and teachers' notes.http://www.arkive.org/education/

Betty Paulsell Betty Paulsell 48560 Points

Pam, Thanks for sharing the Arkive website. I knew about its great pictures but not all the education activities.

Diane Ripollone Diane Ripollone 3210 Points

Hi Pamela Thanks for EE link. They had a Web Seminar yesterday (4/3) on this packet. It was coordinated with Green Teacher. I would suggest the Environmental Education website, it has some good resources. By the way I have used Project Noah its a great tool. Thanks Diane

Tammy Ramirez Tammy Ramirez 140 Points

Thanks for sharing!

Brandi Schonberg Brandi Schonberg 720 Points

Thank you! I am in the middle of my environmental unit and this will be really helpful!

Lauren Nishimoto Lauren Lee 1390 Points

Thanks for sharing these resources! I am always on the lookout for different lessons and activities to use with my students.

Janice Novello Janice Novello 6985 Points

Hi, As one who has been lucky enough to earn two fellowships to NASA, I would like to continue learning/sharing information about free materials.

Patty McGinnis Patricia McGinnis 25635 Points

Thanks for the information! I'm intrigued with the use of technology to get kids engaged in ecology. There are other projects at scistarter Your text to link here...that teachers will find useful

Mary Ann Ng Mary Ann Ng 3385 Points

Thank you Pamela! These are great resources. I am excited to try out the biodiversity scavenger activity on the Toshiba free kit.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers