Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Early Childhood

Early Childhood

Early Childhood

Author Post
Inge Sparacino Inge Sparacino 20 Points

Why is Early Childhood Science Education Important?

Savannah Brickner Savannah Brickner 362 Points

Great questions! I personally believe science is important for students to learn becuase it gives them a better understanding of the world around them. The fundamental knowledge of science also gives students better knowledge of how and why things function. Students are also able to use manipulatives in class to better understand the bigger picture, whether that be the idea of gravity or science expirements showing how lights function. Having this basis knowledge allows for growth and will aid them in the real world.

Savannah Brickner Savannah Brickner 362 Points

Great questions! I personally believe science is important for students to learn becuase it gives them a better understanding of the world around them. The fundamental knowledge of science also gives students better knowledge of how and why things function. Students are also able to use manipulatives in class to better understand the bigger picture, whether that be the idea of gravity or science expirements showing how lights function. Having this basis knowledge allows for growth and will aid them in the real world.

Asenette Oviedo Asenette Oviedo 1310 Points

I think children should experience hands on the different textures of natural surroundings like how dirt feels, grass, rocks, rought and smooth textures. Eventhough they are tiny small humans they are still learning and gaining experiences. 

Kristin Preast Kristin Preast 1670 Points

Science is all around us and is used in daily life. Children need to understand the processes and why things happen.

Elise Dickerson Elise Dickerson 1078 Points

I agree. Children need to learn about their natural surroundings.

Elise Dickerson Elise Dickerson 1078 Points

Curious as to the best play for hands-on science purchases for k-2?

Ashley Pietrowski Ashley Pietrowski 320 Points

Hi! I think science is very important to implement into early childhood education. It is important for children to understand the world around them. It is also really fun to get students engaged with differnt science experiments. 

Aylin Arredondo Aylin Arredondo 620 Points

I believe that science is a subject that is essential, especially for early childhood. The reason being, we all know that children are just naturally curious about everthing around them and about the world in general; by teaching them about science and the things that they are naturally curious about we will be helping them in stimulating their brain, which will lead to even more curiousity about more topics. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers