Forums

Forums / Physical Science / Physics is Phun

Physical Science

Physics is Phun

Author Post
Alix-Anne Bush Alix-Anne Bush 1760 Points

For those who are interested in Physics, and who happen to be in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area, check out the University of Maryland College Park Physics is Phun! http://lecdem.physics.umd.edu/index.php/outreach/physics-is-phun It is a monthly demonstration program that is geared towards high school level students but I am sure that this is a great resource to get ideas. I'll try and keep posting links to their monthly fliers on this forum. Enjoy! Alix-Anne

Lauren Thompson Allen Lauren Thompson 2030 Points

Are there videos with explanations? My kids struggle with math and I am trying to explain the concept of conservation of mass.

Alix-Anne Bush Alix-Anne Bush 1760 Points

Lauren,

Sorry for the delayed response. I looked through there sight to see if there were any Physics is Phun demonstrations. Here is the link to their demonstration page I think for their general physics class. Take a look through to see if there is something their that can help you.

Your text to link here...

Otherwise my suggestion to you is put conservation and mass in the learning center search box. I'm sure you will get plenty of material back to help you and your students.

Also, I am sure if you contacted the UMD or really any Physics department someone will gladly help you.

Best of luck!

Alix-Anne

Najah Hijazi Najah Hijazi 1365 Points

Awesome!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers