Forums

Forums / Evaluation and Assessment / Energy Activity

Evaluation and Assessment

Energy Activity

Author Post
Karan Kaur Karan Kaur 905 Points

There are so many different kinds of energy. Can you name them all? Let's see heat energy, potential energy, kinetic energy, wind energy, solar energy... etc. The list goes on forever I'm sure we can keep adding to this list. Right now in my science content class we are learning about many energies. This is a college class but my professor always makes sure to make the best of it and make it fun. After all my classmates are going to be elementary school teachers. We tested many different energies in class. Wind energy: we made a sail and taped it on a car, turn on the fan and the car moves due to the sail. This shows a source of wind energy. Solar Energy: we made a fan move just shining light on its electric base. This shows the use of solar energy. Can you guys tell me about some more activities that will teach elementary students about different kinds of energy in a fun and interactive way?

Alexis Williams Alexis Williams 900 Points

Using the toys called K'NEX is a great way to learn about energy and motion. In my science methods class last month, my professor built a battery operated rollercoaster and was able to start and stop the rollercoaster to explain the type of energy that was taking place at the particular position. Hopefully this will be engaging for your students!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers