Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Classroom management

New Teachers

Classroom management

Author Post
Asenette Oviedo Asenette Oviedo 1310 Points

Ideas on how to keep a good classroom management with 20+ students?

Carlota Lopez Ramos Carlota Lopez Ramos 770 Points

Hello Asenette, what i hhave heard from other professors is that it is very important to be able to get to know each student and being able to make them feel safe is very important. Also, being able to talk to them at the beggining of the school year about respect and the classroom rules and keep reminding them will make a safe environment. 

Luis Garza Luis Garza 830 Points

Hello Asenette, I believed having a connection to your students since day one is key but also having a sense of authority. Having a good balance between the 2 not only gives you respect but also admiration from your students. 

Heydi Gonzalez Heydi Gonzalez 790 Points

What I learn from my last classes, is that classroom management starts on the first day, if you get to know your student from the first day and build that confidence in each other classroom management would be a thing that can be controlled and also my having poster of rules so that students can see and reflect on them. 

Daniela Haro Daniela Haro 860 Points

Hello Asenette, Classroom management starts from day 1. It's very important to allot at least a few days to reinforce the rules and procedures in your classroom. Repetition is key! The first few weeks will be spent reinforcing procedures and rules. Once your students get the hang of these procedures, make sure to start letting them slowly become independent. I wish you the best!

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers