Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Distance Learning

Distance Learning

Distance Learning

Author Post
Melissa Cantu Melissa Cantu 305 Points

What would be some good ideas to keep focused in a house of seven people while doing online school?

Rodolfo Saldana Rodolfo Saldana 230 Points

Hello Melissa Cantu,

I have a few things i use to focus in a busy house. A main thing i use is noise cancelling headphones that go over my ears. Along with my headphones, i also tell my family to not make too much noise near my room. If a budget allows it, sound dampening panels (squares used to lessen sound travel) helps a tad. Homework is best done in the morning (before people wake up) and at night (after they are resting or asleep).

Dalia Flores Dalia Flores 560 Points

Hello Melissa, I am currently doing online school and i know that family can be a bit distracting at times. Something that really helps me concentrate a lot is wearing headphones and being in a quiet space. 

Gabriela Molina Gabriela Molina 635 Points

Hi, Melissa hope all is well. I know online distance learning can be a bit challenging since it is not what we are msot used too. To answere your question in my opinion, I think finding a quiet place around your living space to set up your computer and workplace should be fine. As well as maybe putting on some earphones to block away any noise that may distract you. I wish you the best this semester and goodluck in all your courses!

Itzayana Alfaro Itzayana Alfaro 300 Points

Hello Melissa, 

Some tips that I would give to you would be, to make sure to wear headphones so that they can try their best to concentrate in the classroom material. Something that might be helpful is to use what students use during tests, like a science fair project cardboard. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers