Forums

Forums / Next Generation Science Standards / #Project Phenomena

Next Generation Science Standards

#Project Phenomena

Author Post
Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

This annotated database of more than 50 science phenomena also presents the criteria required for selecting phenomena useful for NGSS  instruction.
NSTA Freebies. 

https://sites.google.com/site/sciencephenomena/

Abigail Wong Abigail Wong 1110 Points

Thanks for posting this, Pamela!

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

You're welcome, Abigail. There are so many great things on there!

Cleopatra Thomas Cleopatra Thomas 833 Points

This site is more than a delight! It seems to be a great tool to help students (and me too!) consider other "real world" events to broaden the scope of the concepts. I began looking at one and forgot what I was really looking for...lol. Great site!!

Pamela Dupre Pam Dupre 92369 Points

Cleopatra, I have that same problem!

just saw an article on "A Giant, Mysterious Hole Has Opened Up in Antarctica" (Kate Lunau)...phenomena?? motherboard.vice.com

Pamela Dupre Pam Dupre 92369 Points

Oh wow! That is fantastic! You know you made me go search for that! Great discussion!

I think I will begin to build my own "pocket" of phenomena. The fun thing is google asks me what type of story topics I am interested in and seems to do the work while I am doing something else. At any rate, I find that I look at science articles with a different lens. Hopefully, my students' curiosity will pique and begin on a good road of questioning and research with enjoyment. The NY Times-Science has a FB page. I wonder what might come up by following the page? hmmmm : )

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers