Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Ask Questions

New Teachers

Ask Questions

Author Post
Sarah Hume Sarah Hume 90 Points

Hi everyone, I am a pre-service teacher at Northern Kentucky University and I am really struggling with the concept in some of the NGSS standards that have the phrase "Ask questions to ...".  How deep do these questions have to be?  How many questions?  Is this a question that should be developed as a research project?  Do these questions have to be recorded in a formal way or even generated out loud?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thank you. Sarah Hume

Thank you Arlene for your response. I have asked this question to a variety of people and no one had been able to give me any guidance. We were looking at it from the perspective of quantity and quality of the questions and how to assess this standard. Your response made me realize that this is about the process of generating the questions rather than the questions themselves. I look forward to checking out the resources. Sarah

Thank you Arlene for your response. I have asked this question to a variety of people and no one had been able to give me any guidance. We were looking at it from the perspective of quantity and quality of the questions and how to assess this standard. Your response made me realize that this is about the process of generating the questions rather than the questions themselves. I look forward to checking out the resources. Sarah

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers