Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Matter and energy

Elementary Science

Matter and energy

Author Post
Erin Johnston Erin Johnston 385 Points

I am teaching a lesson to kindergarteners on matter and energy. What are some good activites for kindergarteners in regards to this subject?

Karla Garzon Karla Garzon 1000 Points

Hi,

I think as a lesson to teach Matter and Energy, I think you should first start off by introducing Solid, Liquid and Gas and then create a song (Pintrest has very great song ideas, plus they are easy to follow and memorize). In addition, it should be something simple, you can do an activity with an ice cube. You can hand each student an ice cube and you can ask them if its a solid, liquid or gas. As it is melting, you can asking what the ice is becoming. Another idea could be a graphic organzer. You can make 3 different graphic organizer labeled as Solid, Liquid and Gas. And the students could look around the room for the items, and you could add a picture to each. For example, if the students are looking for something solid, and they say pencil. You can draw a picuture or use the google to insert the picture(if you are using a smartboard).

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers