Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / How to teach Science as well as make lesson plans?

Early Childhood

How to teach Science as well as make lesson plans?

Author Post
Hala Bhatti Hala Bhatti 820 Points

Hi, I am currently a Junior at Penn State Harrisburg and majoring in Elementary Education - PreK-4th. I am not a big fan of Science and would like to know how I would be able to teach my students science when I don't enjoy it? How can I enjoy Science and make it fun for my students in the future? 

I would like to know how I can use the 5E's in my lesson plan especially for the engage and explore phase? 

Mary Lynn Hess Mary Hess 12158 Points

Hi Hala,

I'd love to help you. Just wondering, why don't you like science? 

Fatima Arevalo Fatima Arevalo 530 Points

Hi Hala!

I get where you're are coming from. I was in the same boat with Math and I still kind of am. Im currently studying in Bilingual Education EC-6th in my final semesters at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. From just the first couple of weeks of this semester I've learned to look at teaching a certain subject in another point of view. I reccomend connecting with your students and their culture background and use it as a resourse to teach the natural world of science. I've attached a link to an article that can give you an insight on how to use the 5Es in your future science classroom. 

https://www.edutopia.org/article/how-use-5e-model-your-science-classroom

Best of luck!

One Rank One Rank 10 Points

nice post

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers