Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / New website for ages 5-10 - SkySci for Kids

Early Childhood

New website for ages 5-10 - SkySci for Kids

Author Post
Emma Hagen Emma Hagen 660 Points

The new SkySci for Kids website is designed to provide children ages 5-10 years old with playful avenues for learning about weather, climate change, and related atmospheric science topics. On the site you’ll find short articles, online games, storybooks, and videos for informal science learning. The materials are designed to allow kids to explore either independently or with a parent or caregiver.

SkySci for Kids is a project of the UCAR Center for Science Education . Development of SkySci for Kids was made possible with funding from the National Science Foundation

To learn more, browse SkySci for Kids or visit the page About SkySci for Kids: Information for Parents and Caregivers

Attachments

Mary Lynn Hess Mary Hess 12158 Points

Thanks for sharing Emma. I like the kid friendly explanations for weather and climate this site has to offer. :)

Lisa Keyser Lisa Keyser 350 Points

Thanks for sharing this looks like an interesting site.  I will enjoy exploring the different resources.  

I'm glad to hear it! Thanks for checking it out. 

Maria Gonzalez Maria Gonzalez 600 Points

Thanks for sharing! I like having more of these sites to turn to for informal learning.

So glad to hear it Maria! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers