Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Science Lesson Resources

Elementary Science

Science Lesson Resources

Author Post
Bailey Myers Bailey Myers 765 Points

Hello all, 

I am Bailey Myers, a 4th year education major at Wartburg College. Since I will be teaching next year, I am looking for additional online resources and/or affordable books that include science lessons of any sort. What are some good ones that you either use or have heard of? I'd prefer hands-on/experiment based lessons to do with my students. I'm hoping to teach 2nd, 3rd or 4th grade, but I'm open to any grade level and will adapt with the lessons I have. 

Thanks in advance! 

Bailey Myers
Wartburg College '23

Cora Saunders Cora Saunders 915 Points

Hi Bailey!

I am a third year elementary education student also at Wartburg College. I have read many articles on a website called, Edutopia. It has a lot of great resources and information on their site along with many short, easy to understand articles for teachers. They have an article called, Ten Websites For Science Teachers. I haven’t gone through all of the sites they describe in it, but I find this website very reliable and helpful, so it may be a good place for you to check for online resources. 

https://www.edutopia.org/blog/websites-for-science-teachers-eric-brunsell

An additional online resource I have used for science lessons is Generation Genuis. This site does cost; however, you can use a free trial for a short period. This site includes full lesson plans that are interactive and engaging for students. There are also a number of great videos for free on YouTube created by Generation Genius, that you can use within a lesson. 

Hope this helps! Cora Saunders

Wartburg College ‘24

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers