Forums

Forums / Physical Science / Physics Principles and Problems Text

Physical Science

Physics Principles and Problems Text

Author Post
Keith Godlewski Keith Godlewski 2810 Points

Greetings, I am a first year high school teacher in SC and was wondering if anyone has used the Physics Principles and Problems textbook from McGraw Hill. I am teaching a honors level course beginning in January and was interested to seek any feedback about the book, as well as any suggestions to additional resources. Thank you in advance.

Patricia Rourke Patricia Rourke 45925 Points

Hi Keith, Thee are many resources available through the Learning Center. We invite you to find a few moments to look at some of them. You might start with looking at the free Science Objects, archived web seminars, and symposia. NSTA has created wonderful collections with focus on Forces and Motion, Electric and Magnetic Forces, Gravity and Orbits and other topics. You can review these collections by searching with Advanced Search or going to this url http://learningcenter.nsta.org/search.aspx?action=browse&text=forces%20and%20motion&price=0&product=0&subject=0&topic=0&gradelevel=0&sort=Relevancy&page=0&coll=2&author= These collections also contain great simulations created by NASA and some from other sources such as PhET in Colorado. What will be the first topics that you teach and do you use a lot of inquiry or technology? I look forward to talking with you and others who may join this chat thread. Cheers ~patty

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers