Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Question about a Motion Lesson

Early Childhood

Question about a Motion Lesson

Author Post
Amber Rosales Amber Rosales 245 Points

Hello! I am a university student who is majoring in early childhood education. Despite the situation all of us are going through, school has continued and we’ve been attending classes via online. For my elementary science class we had to create a first grade 5E lesson plan and our standard was “The student is expected to demonstrate and record the ways that objects can move such as in a straight line, zigzag, up and down, back and forth, round and round, and fast and slow.” We only had the students learn the movements straight line, zigzag, and round and round because we thought it was too much content to put into one lesson. Is it possible to teach all of these movements in one lesson without it being too much information crammed together? Has anyone taught these all together before?

Tiffany Mercado Tiffany Mercado 485 Points

Hello Amber !

I am also a university student majoring in early childhood education. This semester I am currently taking an elementary science class. After reading your question, I believe you did the right call. Teaching students in chunks is better than trying to cover everything into one lesson. This will help benefit the stduents with a better understanding. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers