Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Remote Learning

Distance Learning

Remote Learning

Author Post
April Verastegui April Verastegui 375 Points

Due to Covid many schools have started remote learning and this has taken a toll on some students I believe. As a result the engagement of student participation has become something to work harder towards. How can one as an educator carry out instruction while still engaging students and making sure they are on the same page? How can we make sure all our students understand the content being taught through these virtual lessons. I do undertsand some students do not have a problem using technology as it is needed more often now but how about the students who aren't as familiar with it?

Nalia Roba Nalia Roba 825 Points

I'm not a teacher yet, but I think specifically and intentionally designing authentic assessments will help us know whether or not the students are learning what we want them to know. I also think being very clear on our objectives before we teach will help us properly assess if the students learned what we wanted them to.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers