Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Remote Learning vs. Traditional Learning

Distance Learning

Remote Learning vs. Traditional Learning

Author Post
Raquel Cruz Raquel Cruz 380 Points

After having two semesters fully online what can I do to adjust to the traditional classroom setting. I feel anxious in the classroom as if it was my first college semester.

Raegan Barrett Raegan Barrett 640 Points

Hi Raquel. I also struggled with this a lot with once going back to traditional classroom setting. The one thing that realy helped me since all my professors have power points and sent it to use I would have them up on my lap-top. Then I would also take notes on my ipad. I also brought things that could keep me distracted (fidget pins or stress balls) but also still engaged in the classroom.

Summer Hall Summer Hall 190 Points

Raquel, I would suggest that you slowly transition yourself to prepare to be back in a classroom setting by taking it a day at a time and keeping a strict schedule for yourself. It is easy for remote learners to lose a sense of structure and make sure that they are being responsible for their due dates and assignments.

Valeria Davila Valeria Davila 500 Points

Hi Raquel! I felt the same way at the beginning. I struggled to adjust to the traditional classroom setting because I got use to online learning. Something that really helped me was taking notes during lecture and studying them after at home. I used to be distracted during lecture, it was until I started note taking on my iPad that it made me engage in the lesson and actually learn. Having an iPad has helped me take better notes as well because I enjoy decorating and color coding.

Emma Jerdon Emma Jerdon 70 Points

Hello! I am also transitioning from learning about teaching during Covid to teaching my own classroom post Covid. It is very different and seems easier than what I had to do during Covid. However, I am seeing huge gaps in students and learning. I wonder if there is a way to close the gaps. I am looking for information on how we can teach the students what they missed during Covid while also keeping going with new information. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers