Forums

Forums / Distance Learning / Bitmoji Classroom

Distance Learning

Bitmoji Classroom

Author Post
Ashley Brading Ashley Brading 380 Points

In my field placement this semester, we have created what is trending right now, a Bitmoji Classroom. With this, it is an online classroom that is made with different characters in order to still connect with students. You are able to create virtual field trips, experiments, and other fun activities which is awesome for students to still be able to participate in remotely. 

Sidney Baumgartner Sidney Baumgartner 335 Points

Hello! I am a preservice teacher and found this forum to spark my interest right away! Bitmoji Classroom is a super fun, creative, and new technology resource that I keep seeing more and more educators incorporate into their virtual classrooms, especially with COVID causing schools to learn remotely. I used this resource, or new trend, in one of my presentations this school year. Not only was it fun and entertaining to make, but it also made my peers laugh at my personal Bitmoji. I think that this is a great way to engage students both in and out of the classroom. Remote learning is more relevant than ever before, so incorporating Bitmoji Classroom can allow students to still feel like they are still learning in a classroom setting. It also allows educators to explore and educated themselves on a fun, easy to use technology resource. There are countless videos online to find out how to create a Bitmoji Classrooms and more free resources on Teachers Pay Teachers to find backgrounds and other decorations. I would definitely look into this resource if you are teaching remotely. Reach out to me if you would like to hear more information on this resource.  

Emily Faulconer Emily Faulconer 5755 Points

I'd love to learn more about Bitmoji Classroom! Respectfully,

Alexandria Monahan Alexandria Monahan 380 Points

Hi Ashley! I am a preservice teacher who will start student teaching in January. I have heard of Bitmoji Classroom once or twice, but I had no idea that you are able to do so much with it! This post truly caught my eye and makes me want to learn about it more!

Kaeli Myers Kaeli Myers 305 Points

Hello! I am a preservice teacher and have seen the Bitmoji Classroom used in several different places. I really enjoy the idea of this. My niece is a current 1st grade student and my newphew is a Pre-K student. Their teachers sent home a welcome letter at the beginning of the school year with little laminated cut outs of their bitmojis so that the kids would have an idea of what their teachers looked like before the school year started. My field placement this semester also used the bitmojis in different aspects of her classroom. She has several bitmoji cut outs around her classroom. Specifically, when students do their Daily 5 work, she uses her bitmojis to show what students should be doing at each station. I love this idea for the students that learn visually. It is also a way to have some fun around the room. I would definietly consider using these in my future classroom as well. I think having something for the visual learners and a way to add some fun into the classroom makes it easier to make connections with students. 

Annie Place Annie Place 450 Points

Hi Ashley, My name is Annie Place, and I am a preservice teacher from Wartburg College. The field experience I am currently in has been using Bitmoji as well for interactive ways to connect with students. The first idea that she taught me was printing off stickers to put on tests and quizzes that had Bitmojis on them.  The second creative idea they have been using lately is with Bitmoji is to teach students about Zone of Regulations. Thanks for sharing your ideas with everyone about Bitmoji, Ashley. It is great hearing what everyone has been doing this Fall.  

Kiara Benavidez Kiara Benavidez 410 Points

Since virtual learning has become a thing this year, I have seen a lot of use of 'bitmoji classrooms.' I think this is a very fun way to make distance learning a bit entertaining to the students. The teacher can decorate their classroom in the way that they want, in ways to catch their students attention. For example they can put up a new poster each day. I am not yet a teacher, but if by the time I do become one, if virtual learning is still in place, I think I would have a lot of fun decorating and making use of my Bitmoji classroom.

Ashlee Metts Ashlee Metts 855 Points

Kiara, I agree with you I think that this is a super un idea. I wish and hope that we are back to semi normal when I become a teacher. But it is nice to have digital options to make these difficult times a little bit more normal. I like the idea of decorating the Bitmoji classroom and changing the posters. I can not wait to have a classroom of my own. Best wishes on your future classroom! 

Paige Morrison Paige Morrison 395 Points

Hi Kiara! I think that this virtual learning idea is a really awesome one! I am also a pre-service teacher and I love coming across ideas that I could potentially use in my future classroom. This one really stood out to me because the classroom can have something new about it each day, bringing the interest of the students to another level. I also think that it could enhance the amount of attention they are paying to class if they have something new to pay attention to every day. Not only could this grasp the attention of your students, but there are opportunities to teach lessons through your daily posters. If they see the new poster up each day, they might have more of an idea of what they are learning, which could tug at their interest as well. Distance learning can be difficult if they are staring at their teacher talking, but if you use Bitmoji Classroom, they would have the classroom feeling as they enter the virtual world of learning. I really enjoy this idea and feel like it could connect to so many areas of learning. 

Madeline Henderson Madeline Henderson 285 Points

I agree that this is a fun way for students to learn as it creates a smilair atmosphere to what the stduents would see if they were actually in class. 

Pricila Cavazos Pricila Cavazos 590 Points

Since schools are closed down, teachers have to do online teaching which can be challenging if they are not really good at technology. Thankfully, they’re many resources out there that can help teachers prepare for virtual learning. For example, there is “Bitmoji Classroom” that has become very popular these past couple months. The other day I was scrolling through YouTube and it recommended me a video on how to create my own interactive bitmoji classroom which sounded interesting, so I decided to watch it and I was amazed at how many things you can do with it to make it seem as if it was a real classroom. I think this is a great idea because the teacher can organize everything the way they want it and it will be fun for students to navigate through the classroom to find the assignments or links they need at the moment.

Nelda Calderas Nelda Calderas 495 Points

Learning from home can have students feeling more disconnected from their teachers than usual, the creation of a bitmoji in order to interact with students can keep them engaged, intrested and connected. I completely agree with you, this is an amazing resource to keep teachers and students as well, on track! 

Kelsey Funkhouser Kelsey Funkhouser 1280 Points

I personally really love this idea of bringing bitmojis into the classroom because it makes the virtual classroom more fun and engaging for students. I think it is a great way to also bring in something that most students will be familiar with and really enjoy. I find it very interesting that the students and teachers are able to use this reasource in the classroom to make more of a connection with each other. I love this idea!

Katelyn Hansen Katelyn Hansen 1330 Points

I honestly think that bitmojis are a great way to connect with your students. It creates a almost face to face interaction for the students. I think it is interesting that we are using bitmojis to communicate our emotions and actions for elearning. I think it is a great tool that all generations can use in the classroom. 

Bitmoji classrooms are a fun, educational way to keep students engaged and motivated to learn virtually. It is fun learning from a character that resembles their teacher and makes school seem exciting instead of boring. 

I love the idea that a bitmoji classroom can show facial expressions and emotions just like a real teacher in the classroom would. It definitely makes learning more fun and personable. 

Katie Andrews Katie Andrews 675 Points

I think a Bitmoji classroom is a wonderful idea! It is a great way to engage students and make them feel better about not physically being in the classroom. It gives them something more to look forward to. I am thankful virtual schooling is an option because if this happened when I was a child, we just would not be in school at all!

I agree that so much has changed in a short amount of time and that it is good that students have this platform to learn from. 

Jacqueline Venrick Jacqueline Venrick 570 Points

I have never been introduced to Bitmoji classroom until starting this year with my elementary placement. I think that Bitmoji classroom are a new kind of way to let students see what your bitmoji and virtual classroom could look like. With virtual classes, it becomes hard to reach the students in certain ways. The bitmoji classroom allows students to access links, see what assignments are upcoming, and be able to have fun with bitmoji as well. 

I use a bitmoji app in the Canvas discussions in my course. Does anyone have any links to platforms for the 'Bitmoji Classroom' thing that is being discused so I can learn more? Thanks! 

Tim Schwickerath Tim Schwickerath 425 Points

Emily, the Bitmoji Classroom is a fun, visual, and more personal way to share information with students instead of just having a list of links to webpages and documents.  I have seen people make these using Google Slides or PowerPoint.  The superintendent at my school has one that looks like a newsroom when he sends out his weekly virtual staff briefings.  If you search, 'Bitmoji Classroom Template' you will find many templates that people have created that you can modify for your own needs.  If you wanted to start from scratch, here would be a few links on how to do that:  HelloTeacherLady, DistractifyEdutopia.  If you want something on how to specifically insert your created Bitmoji Classroom into Canvas, here is a short video:  Bitmoji Classroom & Canvas.  Hope this gives you a place to start to try it out on your own.  

Thanks, Tim! I have spent a bit of time playing with this now. I don't have it all put together but I think this is going to be a great tool to make the announcements in my class less wordy and more engaging. 

Hannah Moore Hannah Moore 855 Points

I think this is an amazing idea. I can see students really loving it and it may be something that we could somehow implement even when we get back to normal.

Abigail Brang Abigail Brang 610 Points

I am not the most tech savvy person here and I am super interested in something like this! My classroom I am doing my pre-student teaching in right now will not even allow me to Zoom or be involved. I feel this will allow them to have some sort of interaction with me even if it is not in real time! If anyone has any advice I would absolutely take it! Thank you!!

Jessica Jones Jessica Jones 465 Points

With everything that is going on, teachers had to create a bitmoji classroom as a way to interact and connect with the students at my work site as well. Having this Bitmoji classroom is totally new to me and I was completely lost at the beginning of the process. However, just like with anything else the more it’s done the more you adapt to it. I can say that the experience has been good so far. The students who stay at home love the Bitmoji classroom and they also love my bitmoji picture.  I never in a million years thought that I would have to create a virtual classroom because some pandemic has forced so many changes to occur worldwide. Although many of us do not welcome change, it is sometimes necessary simply because as humans we become too comfortable and set in our ways. Forced changes makes us stronger and smarter in my opinion. 

Rielly McNamara Rielly McNamara 460 Points

I think this is such a great way to engage these students! Although they may not be in the classroom it is still super important to make sure students are having fun while learning science. This is also a great way for visual learners to understand and engage in the content. I think it is a super cool way for students to attend their virtual science field trips and run through experiments with their classmates online. Great idea! I look forward to implementing this into my future classroom.

Danielle Lopez Danielle Lopez 455 Points

Hello! I am a student in UTRGV and I have recently learned how to create my own bitmoji classroom. Not only do I think it is a genius idea but, I believe bitmoji classrooms help the students feel a little more engaged. There are so many resources that could keep students interacted even when they are out of their online meetings. I have seen bitmoji classrooms that have their own educational library and those who also have their own educational game room that will help the students see a new idea of learning. The best part about using bitmoji classroom is designing your classroom the way you want just as if it was an in person classroom. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers