Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Without Warning - Earthquake and Tsunami Preparedness Comic

Earth and Space Science

Without Warning - Earthquake and Tsunami Preparedness Comic

Author Post
Cris DeWolf Cris DeWolf 11965 Points

I came across this resource while doing some research on Earth Science Week. I am sure that my students will enjoy reading it - and learn as well! https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/4951.without-warning/#

Stefanie Donnelly Stefanie Donnelly 1415 Points

This is actually really cool! As a pre-service teacher I am always looking for unique cool things that I can do in my future classroom. Children and some adults love comic books. This is a great way to communicate information to kids. I know my little sister would love to read this as she loves comics. Thank you for sharing!

Jennifer McMullen Jennifer McMullen 660 Points

This is awesome! I think that young students would love this, especially boys.  I see my second graders in my student teaching classroom always reading books that are comic book based.  This would be a great way to get students interested in science.  I can see them all wanting to read these just for fun as well. 

Woody Woodruff John Woodruff 1025 Points

Looks real good, perfect timing right in the middle of my earthquake/volcano unit.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers