Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Any advice for Future Elementary Teachers teaching Science

New Teachers

Any advice for Future Elementary Teachers teaching Science

Author Post
Alondra Almaraz Alondra Almaraz 750 Points

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you can give me any advice or methods on how to make science fun for the students to learn. I know science can be a topic that some students can struggle with and others will understand better than others. I want to make my future classroom engaging and fun with learning science for all my students.

Celest Alvarado Celest Alvarado 840 Points

Hi Alondra! I always struggled with science growing up therefore it wasn't always my favorite or strongest subject. I believe a fun way to keep all the students engaged in the lesson would be to do hands on activities and maybe activities that involve the students going outside! The students would love the thought of having their science lesson outside and that would definitely keep them engaged! 

Kristina Gomez Kristina Gomez 780 Points

Hello Alondra, I would like to say that one thing that I keep hearing in my classes on how to make any subject fun for students including science is to not stick to one way of teaching it. Try different instruction ways such as using the internet, outside, etc... This is what could keep them engaged in learning new lessons because of how it is not just the same instruction over and over again. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers