Forums

Forums / Earth and Space Science / Science Fair Project Help

Earth and Space Science

Science Fair Project Help

Author Post
Shannon Seidl Shannon Baird 1310 Points

Our school requires science fair for all of our students. I challenged a very bright student to basically see if she could simulate a carbon sink in the ocean--- since having to discover this is really challenging. I honestly do not know where to start (I am not sure what I was thinking). Does anyone have ANY ideas on how I could help her simulate the carbon cycle maybe and figure out a way to test it. Any ideas at all?? Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Patricia Rourke Patricia Rourke 45925 Points

Hi Shannon, There is an on-going discussion on Science Fairs in the Physical Science Forum. You might want to visit this thread. Here is a line: http://learningcenter.nsta.org/discuss/default.aspx?tid=qlX3NFHMLmM_E or just go to the Physical Science Forum and scroll for the Science Fair Link. Often topics are concurrently discussed on various forums. Go ahead and chime in. Everyone would love to chat with you and perhaps some of the posted resources would be useful to you. ~patty

Treena Pieper Treena Pieper 440 Points

As a first year teacher, I came on board with my school in Oct 2012 and was informed science fair deadline was just around the corner. I put my science hat on and got down to it. I was able to have my students of 105 complete 39 science fair projects. Of which 9 were chosen to represent our school at the district science fair. However, I noticed that some of my students did not care to participate and attend the event, which was a little sad but despite low spirits and interest, 9 boards are going tomorrow. I am excited to here what the results will be. Excited Teacher!!!! Aloha

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers