Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Age on Kids for Science

Early Childhood

Age on Kids for Science

Author Post
Dynalee Medellin Dynalee Medellin 490 Points

Is there a specific or best age where we can start teaching kids about science?

Emily Cooper Emily Cooper 563 Points

I think that science can be incorporated at any age, and needs to be! Whether the kids realize it or not, science is all around us and can be incoprated easily. Read a book about science, go outside and explore, do an experiment. Get those students involved with hands on activities because it helps the students retain information. 

Allison Corwin Allison Corwin 1210 Points

I agree that science can be incorporated at any age! I am currently at a placement where I work with third graders. We work to integrate science lessons with language arts lessons and we encourage students to make scientific observations of their surroundings. It is amazing to see the observations that my students make on their own!

Hope Vanlandingham Hope Vanlandingham 695 Points

I think students can be excited and learn about science at any age! Teaching science can help students learn about their community, allow them to think critically, and can be integrated into many subjects like ELA and math. There are many different science activities out there to do with students at any age. I am with 3rd grade this year at my placement, and we did a science experiment on the first day of school! The students got to do this experiment themselves, and now they are very excited to do more science activities this school year. 

Kylie Tilton Kylie Tilton 400 Points

Science can and should be incorporated at any age! I think it is important to realize that science is all around us. It is constantly happening. I think that the earlier students are introduced to this concpet, the better! Not to mention, this is a subject that you can conduct engaging activities and conversations in. This can truly capture the attention of your students, which is always a plus. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers