Forums

Forums / Life Science / Changes in the Ecosystem

Life Science

Changes in the Ecosystem

Author Post
Almira Bhojwani Almira Bhojwani 480 Points

Hello Fellow Educators,  I am a student teacher in a 5th grade class. I am planning a science lesson on the changes in the ecosystem. Can anyone share any useful resouces, books, etc... on this topic that you believe may be helpful. I want to make this lesson fun and interactive. Any ideas you have will be appreciated.  Thank You!

Pamela Dupre Pamela Dupre 92369 Points

Almira, I love 5th graders! I know it is challenging at times too. Are you talking about changes in a specific ecosystem like coral reefs? I'm not sure exactly what you need but I know you can find an abundance of information and lessons on that topic(and many others) by using the Explore All Resources tab on the menu to search. A lot of the material is free and will provide you with background content knowledge as well as lessons. I found this planning guide for 3rd - 5th grade there. http://static.nsta.org/extras/practices/investigating/poi-unitplanningguideinterdependentrelationshipsinecosystemsgrades3-5.pdf

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers