Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Future Teacher

New Teachers

Future Teacher

Author Post
Valerie Rocha Valerie Rocha 520 Points

Hello everyone,

My name is Valerie Rocha, I am currently on my 2nd block of my Teacher preperation program. I want to aquire as much information as possible. Is there any websites or Teaching assocications that I can become apart of to learn more information from experience educators? Becoming an educator is my goal, and to have a chance to change the world through teaching is what motivates me to be a teacher. Thank you for your time, Have a great day!

Mylo Fisherman Mylo Fisherman 230 Points

Hello! My name is Mylo Fisherman and I am also still in school on my path to becoming a teacher. One thing that I have found really helpful is looking at teaching resources on social media. I joined teaching groups on Facebook, I follow teachers on Instagram and TikTok. I feel like teachers who are influencers have a ton of power in the field because it allows people like us to be able to look at them and learn from them. Whether that is by copying their methods or tweaking their methods to something that we may want in our classroom. Hope this helps :)

Bethany Alford Bethany Alford 445 Points

Hey Valerie! I am currently in my last semester of classes before student teaching. I highly recommend getting close with other education students that are in your classes because they will be your biggest supporters, during and after school. I have joined several groups on facebook for teachers that are offering advice to future teachers and already known teachers. I have also found fellow teachers and student teachers on Tik Tok and they are fun to learner from and listen to their experiences. I also recommend having a professional relationship with your education professors. I truly have had some of the best professors in college and I wouldn't know the things I know today without their educaitonal help, but also their friendship advice as well (if that makes sense)! I wish you the best of luck!!

Nick Koulk Nick Koulk 20 Points

Hello. Has anyone ever tried to write a research paper? I think you are convinced that this is a difficult job for which you need to devote a lot of time. I once did it differently. I just reached out to help with phd and they were able to help me. They gave some suggestions and wrote the paper perfectly.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers