Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Future Educator

Early Childhood

Future Educator

Author Post
Alicia Williams Alicia Williams 220 Points

Hi! My name is Alicia and I'm currently studying to be an early education teacher at Penn State. I'm wondering what are some ways I can integrate music in to a science lesson plan. 

Sophie Wilson Sophie Wilson 430 Points

Hi Alicia, my name is Sophie and I am also studying to be an Elementary Education teacher at Saint Peter's University. I think a great way to integrate music into a science lesson plan is by using different objects to have the students create a thunderstorm. Students can use cans, bottles, and other items within a classroom or household to create the sounds of a thunderstorm. If you want the experiment to be more hands-on, you can have the students create their own instruments using materials. The science aspect can be talking about what is a thunderstorm, how are they created, or discussing the idea of how sound is created. I hope this information can help. 

Estrell Mamonese Estrell Mamonese 240 Points

I wouldn't even think about it, to be honest! Very interesting idea and I would also use it. I am a student at cornell university, you can use https://studymoose.com/university/cornell-university for information. Teachers would definitely appreciate such an idea there. You need to somehow create a project that would interest everyone in this.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers