Forums

Forums / Research in Science Education / Language Strategies for ELs in NGSS Classrooms Surveys

Research in Science Education

Language Strategies for ELs in NGSS Classrooms Surveys

Author Post
Edralin Pagarigan Edralin Pagarigan 2451 Points

Target Participants: Middle school Science teachers implementing the NGSS or similar standards

I am Edralin Pagarigan, and am completing a study “Middle School Science Teachers’  Integration of Language Strategies for English Learners in NGSS Classrooms” as a part of my Morgan State University (MSU) doctoral research with an approved MSU IRB (IRB#20/10-132). This mixed-method research study will focus on how science teachers embed language strategies for English learners (ELs) while implementing the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in middle school science classrooms. Further, teachers’ self-efficacy in teaching science with ELs will be investigated in this study. As a middle school science teacher, you are invited to take part in this research study. 

If you agree to participate, you will complete two (2) anonymous online surveys that should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. Also, I would like to interview science teachers,  and if you decide to participate in an interview, you will be asked to share your email address in the survey so I can contact you. The audio-recorded online interview will be approximately 30  minutes in length and can be conducted via telephone or through an online platform. 

If your district or school is implementing the middle school NGSS curriculum or similar standards, and you are  willing to participate in this study, please click on the link (https://baseline.campuslabs. com/msu/ middleschoolscienceteachers) to complete the informed consent and the surveys. 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.  

Denise VandenBos Denise VandenBos 20 Points

I am very interested in learning about your research. I would love to incorporate more strategies. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers