Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Science Small Groups

Elementary Science

Science Small Groups

Author Post
Emily Williams Emily Williams 1355 Points

Hey there! I teach second grade in Middle Tennessee, and in my classrom, I get to teach my students all of the subjects.  We are used to and love doing small groups and stations for reading and math, but I am curious about trying to incorporate some science small groups and stations.  I have tried doing small groups with science and I love how deep the discussions can go when I am meeting with 5 of my students at a time and can try experiments or discrepant events with them. My question for science stations is:

If you have ever done science stations, what are some activities or things my students could be doing at stations when they are not meeting with me?

I have had ideas of things like STEM bins, reading informational texts, and using technology to research topics, but I am trying to branch out to really push my students to think like a scienctist and want the stations to connect to the things we are learning. Thank you so much for your suggestions! 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers