Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Evolution as a game

Elementary Science

Evolution as a game

Author Post
Nicole Adams Nicole Adams 450 Points

As an upcoming teacher, I love this idea! The freedom and kinesthetic inclusions of this lesson plan really put the learning in the hands of the children. This activity truly feels like a game, which is what I have been noticing is a popular resource for teaching children in all of the subjects lately. Students are allowed the chance to learn how to collaborate in groups, think critically about cause and effect of traits, and compete in an evolution simulation. I cannot wait to see the skills, knowledge, and excitement my students will gain from this lesson in my classroom. 

Logan Gonzalez Logan Gonzalez 750 Points

I also love this idea! I think it is filled with possibilities for the students and the teachers to not only learn a lot but have a lot of fun!  The topic of evolution can be very complex and can sometimes be made boring by long explanations when really it is super interesting to learn about! I think it fits into the perfect format of benefiting from being a game so that the children are not only able to have fun with it but get a great grasp on how evolution works!

Carlos Cervino Carlos Cervino 365 Points

You could not be more on point I also think it is filled with possibilities for both side of the spectrum and it makes it easier to grasp how evolution works.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers