Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / Age Specific Activities for Guided Practice

Early Childhood

Age Specific Activities for Guided Practice

Author Post
Megan Buentello Megan Buentello 20 Points

Being that I am a special education major, determined to teach students with learning disabilities in all grades, specifically starting within the early childhood years. I would like to discuss the preference of activities used within the classroom for early childhood teachers, both for special education students and traditional students as well.

Juliana Texley Juliana Texley 1490 Points

We are writing an innovative new EC STEM program. So many of the existing offerings are disjoint activities. Our team is developing progressive modules with thorough integration of literature and the arts. We are also incorporating rubrics that emphasize 'habits of mind.' When the measures of success include things like creativity and persistance rather than simply language arts and mathematics, children who have different abilities often do much better. Feel free to contact me for more information.

Emma Huisman Emma Huisman 750 Points

Juliana, 

This sounds amazing! I am a preservice teacher and this sounds like something I would love to use in my future classroom. When do you think you would have this program completed? And where could I access it to use it in my classroom? 

Juliana Texley Juliana Texley 1490 Points

Where are you? We are running a pilot for the Physical Science module which would be free to those who help us evaluate it. [email protected] PS I don't think any of the hundreds using Module 1, Life Science, have paid anything. We are great at getting federal or state money for EC Enrichment so if you like it I can link you up with our grant lade.

Gloria Field Gloria Field 10 Points

I would like to discuss the preference of activities used within the classroom for early childhood teachers

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers