Forums

Forums / Elementary Science / Elementary Science

Elementary Science

Elementary Science

Author Post
Natalie Navarro Natalie Navarro 490 Points

Hello! As a future elementary teacher, I would love to know more about strategies that can help me teach science to the little ones because this subject isnt my best one and I want to ensure that my students will learn all they can. What resources can I use or look for that can help guide me or provide examples and information on different lesson plans and activities for the students? What are some science attention grabbers that can help with classroom managment? What should first year teachers prepare for the most? 

Raegan Barrett Raegan Barrett 640 Points

Hello Natalie. I am Raegan Barrett and I am in my final year at Warburg College with a major in Elementrey Education and endorsements in reading and coaching. Something that I have done in my field expirence to that got the kids exciting is making it more hands on and appling the activites to real-life. Some magmets that I have done is also making it visual to them. For an exaple I did a lesson over the layers of soil. I took my students outside to feel the ground and we read a book and had a sheet that they had to fill out. Once we got done filling out the sheet we then had an activity with food and we made the layers of soil so that they could see it and they had a blast with it. 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers