Forums

Forums / Professional Learning / Want "vintage" Mr. Wizard VHS tapes library?

Professional Learning

Want "vintage" Mr. Wizard VHS tapes library?

Author Post
Jan Tuomi Jan Tuomi 1330 Points

I'm wondering if I should just throw these away! I loved using them "back in the day", and feel they are still relevant. If you want them, I'll ship them to you. Send me your name and address at [email protected] Here is a description I found on the web: The innovative series provides candid, close-up, and in-depth visits to classrooms of outstanding elementary teachers using hands-on, inquiry-based techniques to teach science. Don Herbert, best known as Mr. Wizard, introduces each program and the featured teacher. The teacher then takes over and, talking directly to fellow teachers, unveils the special methods used to excite young students about science and learning. The videos allow elementary teachers to visit other teachers in their classrooms via video tape. They will gain insight from teacher voice-over about the instructional methods and strategies that allow hands-on, inquiry-based science teaching to work. They will hear, first hand, about the benefits to the students and to the classroom teacher.

James Johnson James Johnson 95308 Points

Hey, if nobody's grabbed them yet, I'll take them! JJ

Carolyn Mohr Carolyn Mohr 92246 Points

I am so happy you found a home for them, Jan! Some things can stand the test of time. :-)

Kathy Renfrew Kathy Renfrew 37148 Points

I used to get up at 4:30 AM to watch the Mr. Wizard teacher videos. :-) i am glad they are not just being thrown away. Kathy With the onset of Common Core and the Next Generation Science Standards, I need to be going through many files, books, etc and asking myself the questions.."Are these books still relevant? Will I ever REALLY use them again" Kathy

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers