Forums

Forums / Early Childhood / virtual learning

Early Childhood

virtual learning

Author Post
Emily Perez Emily Perez 535 Points

As a future teacher I am worried that because children are doing vitual learning, they are not getting the full education experience they need. I am curious to know if this pandemic is going to cause all the new children who are entering school to be a bit behind. Of course taking into consideration that with just one click, the students can get out of the classroom zoom meeting. 

Daniela Figueroa Daniela Figueroa 290 Points

Hi Emily, I am in total aggrement with your concern. I have three children of my own that have been doing school from home in virtual learning as well. I can say that I definitely see the challenges they are facing and how behind my kids are getting, with all the distractions from home and siblings. Also being in front of a small screen all day really affects them in many ways. My kids were not ones to own tablets, phones, playstations or any electronics other then televisions because we try to keep them as active as possible so for them this has been a hige change and sadly I see their interest in school or learning has gone down. Luckily I am studying to be a teacher and can do my own one on one teaching after school when doing their homework, which takes a lot of time and energy from us all. So for other students that may not have the help and motivation they can recieve from home, may truly be struggling and is very heart breaking. I wonder as a teachers perspective, how hard and challenging this is to them, or do they prefer face to face? 

Amber Alonso Amber Alonso 295 Points

I agree with you 100% on this. im in college and i feel im not getting the full learning experience. i would much rather be in a classroom. From what i heard yes it is going to have students a little behind on their education 

Melissa Reyes Melissa Reyes 375 Points

Hi Emily!

I completely agree with your concern and I? am convinced a lot of future teachers are also worried about the incoming students. My little cousin has been doing online learning for a year now and she is having a difficult time completing assignments, as many students are as well. I? do think there will be students who will struggle to come back to in-person learning, but there will be others who will do amazing. That is all students learn differently, and some might be excelling online and others might be having a much harder time. As a future teacher, I? am convinced I? will do the best in my ability to put those kids struggling back on track and those who are excelling can assist those struggling.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers