Forums

Forums / STEM / Looking for STEM lesson advice!

STEM

Looking for STEM lesson advice!

Author Post
Kelly Presa Kelly Presa 620 Points

Hi there! 

I am currently an elementary education student at Dominican University, and I have an upcoming assignment for my science methods course about writing an engaging STEM lesson. I have no previous experience with STEM or writing a STEM lesson. Is there anything I should definetly incoorporate or stay away from? I am thinking of writing it for 2nd graders.

Thank you in advanced! :) 

Tamieka Grizzle Tamieka Grizzle 55 Points

Below is a link to an example of a STEM lesson. The format is what our school district uses: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CHvBMtyddcuCk-yEljpvI-22_og6O9tc/view?usp=sharing

Laura Riley Laura Riley 395 Points

Hi! Try betterlesson.com for all sorts of science and STEM ideas. Create an account and go from there. You'll find tons of vetted resources. Best,

Kalyn Payne Kalyn Payne 200 Points

The key part of STEM is problem-based learning, which is hands-on learning. Students are prone to remember more when they do the activity themselves. When learning new material and having something that you have done hands-on to help you understand the topic is only going to help you remember the material more.

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers