Forums

Forums / New Teachers / Student teaching advice

New Teachers

Student teaching advice

Author Post
Skyler Stoll Skyler Stoll 498 Points

Hello everyone, 

I was wondering if someone can give me some insight on how I can continue to grow as a future educator. I just had a formal observation in my science class, today, and I thought everything went well but after discussions I felt there a lot I have to improve on. Trying to balance all my methods course, certfication exams, part-time worker, and preparing each week for my internship is daunting. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions so I am not overwhelmed and have confidence in what I am teaching for my students. There is some comments I can easily fix, but classroom managment strategies is hard to reach each and every one of the students. I know it was my first time getting in front of the class teaching and it will take time and patience to feel completely comfortable in my new environment. I feel like I know the material I am presenting and make adjustments throughout the day, but some of the students ask questions that I cannot answer and feel discouraged and unprepared. Can anyone give me any suggestions and how to overcome being overwhelmed? 

Forum content is subject to the same rules as NSTA List Serves. Rules and disclaimers